About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates, manages, and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. With more than 20 years of success, L.A. Works is a recognized leader in the national service movement. L.A. Works addresses three principal needs: (1) increasing volunteer participation in the community; (2) building the capacity of nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions through access to volunteer labor and other resources; and (3) educating volunteers and encouraging civic engagement in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles community. L.A. Works has more than 30,000 registered volunteers who have contributed over 1,000,000 volunteer hours of service to thousands of nonprofits in the Los Angeles community.
Position Overview: The Director of Corporate Programs will oversee the day-to-day management and growth of L.A. Works’ corporate volunteer program. In collaboration with the Executive Director and the L.A. Works leadership team, this individual is responsible for helping raise the profile and impact of L.A. Works’ corporate volunteer programs. Our corporate fee-for-service social enterprise programs supports thousands of free ongoing volunteer opportunities throughout Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have strong communications skills, be a self-starter who can multi-task, be knowledgeable about the latest trends in the nonprofit sector, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and have experience working with and managing volunteers. Corporate experience is a plus. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
- Develop and manage program to mobilize up to 15,000 volunteers annually;
- Respond to corporate inquiries, pitch new prospects, lead presentations, close deals, and provide client customer service to potential corporate sponsors;
- Manage corporate relationships with consistent communication year-round to bring corporate volunteers into the L.A. Works family (managed in salesforce);
- Develop and maintain relationships with schools, nonprofits, and agencies to create living list of transformative community projects (managed in salesforce database);
- Recruit and supervise team of expert event coordinators to plan and execute (lead) corporate service events;
- Plan and lead corporate service events, as necessary;
- Communicate with elected officials, VIPs, and stake holders in each council district re participation in local area service projects;
- Identify in-kind and vendor relationships for sponsorships and discounted rates;
- Supervise warehouse staff; manage inventory (supplies and equipment) maintain vans, and purchase, load, and transport event supplies and equipment;
- Create and coordinate signature days of service; and
- Play significant role in development and launch of new corporate initiatives, beyond hands-on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five years progressively responsible management experience;
- Knowledge of the nonprofit volunteering sector; in-depth understanding of volunteer management and engagement practices;
- A track record of delivering results while juggling competing priorities under intense time pressure;
- Strong customer service skills with professional demeanor in person, in writing, and on the phone;
- Comfortable delivering presentations and guiding a room of participants;
- Proactive, self-directed, and results-oriented personality with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills;
- Ability to be creative and resourceful to develop new, unique programs and initiatives;
- Great organizational skills and detail-oriented nature; and
- Open to and excited by the opportunity to inform our strategic thinking and work within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Access to personal car for occasional travel throughout Los Angeles County;
- Some evening and weekend commitments;
- Experience with Salesforce, a plus;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Director.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please email a single PDF file that includes a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, skills, and recent salary history to HR@laworks.com.