Now Hiring: MusicWorks Program Coordinator
Position Overview: In collaboration with the Director of Programs, the MusicWorks Program Coordinator will develop program plans, oversee the launch of MusicWorks, and be responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the program. This candidate should be an excellent program manager, passionate about service and the arts, entrepreneurial, and highly organized. The ideal candidate will be someone that is knowledgeable about the music industry, and have a network or understanding of how to recruit volunteers with diverse expertise including professional musicians, composers, song writers, producers, engineers, etc. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
- Survey existing volunteer music programs to avoid duplication and identify best practices;
- Identify appropriate guest speaker roles for skilled music volunteers;
- Develop marketing collateral;
- Create and disseminate monthly e-newsletter.
- Cultivate strategic nonprofit and community relationships;
- Recruit, train (as appropriate) and place music industry volunteers;
- Provide timely, accurate, and well-articulated quarterly and annual reports; and
- Maintain proficiency in CRM database (Salesforce) for efficient tracking, reporting, record keeping and data management.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years progressively responsible management experience;
- Music industry or arts experience;
- Strong communications skills; self-starter who can multi-task;
- Experience managing staff and volunteers;
- Knowledge of the nonprofit volunteering sector;
- A track record of delivering results while juggling competing priorities;
- Professional demeanor in person, in writing, and on the phone;
- Comfortable delivering presentations and guiding a room of participants;
- Proactive, self-directed, and results-oriented personality with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills;
- Ability to be creative and resourceful to develop new, unique programs and initiatives;
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature; and
- Open to and excited by the opportunity to inform our strategic thinking and work within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Access to personal car for occasional travel throughout Los Angeles County;
- Some evening and weekend commitments;
- Experience with Salesforce, a plus;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is the largest volunteer network in LA and a national leader in the community service movement. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center, we create, manage, and implement hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. L.A. Works has more than 30,000 registered volunteers who have contributed over 1,000,000 volunteer hours of service to thousands of nonprofits in the Los Angeles community.
About MusicWorks: MusicWorks is a new volunteer initiative aimed at matching music industry professionals with local school age youth in nonprofit music programs such as: Sound Art, Little Kids Rock, PS Arts, and others. MusicWorks will take advantage of Los Angeles’ position as a leading force in the music industry to help bridge the gap in music education resulting from drastic budget cuts in arts education programs in Los Angeles public schools.
Reporting: This position reports to the Director of Programs.
This position will be suitable for someone available 25 – 40 hours/week. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please email a single PDF file that includes a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, skills, and recent salary history to HR1@laworks.com.