Position: Warehouse Associate, Part-time, as-needed
L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. Founded in 1991, L.A. Works addresses three principal needs: to increase volunteer participation in the community; to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions through access to volunteer labor and other resources; and to educate and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles community.
Position Overview: The Warehouse Associate is an important member of our Corporate Engagement Program team and reports to the Logistics Manager. The Corporate Engagement team organizes hands on service projects for corporate partners and Day of Service events for community volunteers. Working with the Logistics Manager, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for maintaining the warehouse and project supplies. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
- Clean and organize a small warehouse of light construction equipment and volunteer event project supplies. Keep the warehouse safe for other staff members.
- Maintain an accurate warehouse inventory, reassessing supplies after each event.
- Communicate what supplies need to be ordered before upcoming events.
- Ensure all event project supplies are at the project site the day of the event.
- Attend events and lead volunteers through projects.
- Load and unload event equipment as directed.
- Pick up supply orders and make deliveries when needed.
- Submit receipts for event supplies in a timely manner.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Experience as a handyman and/or working in a warehouse.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Clean background check.
Hours and Compensation: This is a part-time, as-needed position, with up to 60 hours per month of paid time available, dependent on monthly event schedule. Some Saturdays required. $12/hour.
L.A. River Center & Gardens
570 West Avenue 26, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Application Procedure: Email a resume, responses to the following questions, and references to HR2@laworks.com with the subject line “Warehouse Associate”.
- Why are you interested in working for L.A. Works?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?
- Give an example of when you have had to work under pressure