RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over. Funded by the Corporation for National Community Service as a part of the larger Senior Corps initiative, RSVP engages older Americans in volunteer opportunities across the country. Building on the foundation and relationships L.A. Works has with nonprofits in the community, by June 30, 2017 this new program will engage more than 850 individuals in meaningful service experiences.
Position Overview: The Director of RSVP will spearhead the RSVP program for Baby Boomer volunteers, age 55 plus, at L.A. Works. This role will provide day-to-day administrative and programmatic management, leading the team of staff and skilled volunteers to achieve the outcomes set forth by CNCS. This program requires a Director who is entrepreneurial, results driven, an excellent program manager, passionate about service, and highly organized. This individual should have an understanding of the Baby Boomer demographic. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Responsibilities for ensuring overall success of RSVP program:
- Managing relationship, requirements and reporting of federal RSVP grant to the Corporation for National Service;
- Securing MOUs with Volunteer Stations (nonprofits and public agencies where RSVP volunteers serve) within grant specified focus areas;
- Mobilizing 850 volunteers (age 55+) each year, within grant specified project activities;
- Tracking and verification of these volunteers’ service; and
- Recognizing and retaining the volunteers for continued participation each year.
- Supervision of RSVP staff;
- Directing RSVP staff in planning and organizing Managed Projects – short-term, recurring group volunteer projects led by RSVP volunteers, including groups of RSVP volunteers;
- Development and maintenance of strategic relationships with larger Volunteer Stations (nonprofits and public agencies where RSVP volunteers serve);
- Leading teams of RSVP volunteers on L.A. Works’ large-scale Days of Service;
- Providing timely and well-articulated reports, including identification of barriers and potential solutions;
- Preparation and management of program budgets totaling $300,000 annually;
- Recruitment and ongoing engagement of local RSVP Advisory Board;
- Limited private sector fundraising; and,
- Relationship building, communications, and community building with community and civic organizations.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds;
- Valid driver’s license; comfortable with driving a van or large vehicle for supply delivery and pick-up;
- Access to personal car for occasional travel throughout Los Angeles County;
- Initiate criminal history check prior to hire;
- Some evening and weekend commitments; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Director.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Medical insurance and parking provided.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a single PDF file with a cover letter, resume, and salary history (current job and past two) to HR@laworks.com with “Director of RSVP” in the subject line. Only submissions providing all of the requested information will be considered. No calls or emails regarding the position will be responded to, unless initiated by L.A. Works.
The deadline to apply is July 31, 2016.
Check out the RSVP program here: http://www.laworks.com/RSVP