About L.A. Works: L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer action center that creates, manages, and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. With 25 years of success, L.A. Works addresses three principal needs: to increase volunteer participation in the community; to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions through access to volunteer labor and other resources; and to educate and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles community. L.A. Works has more than 30,000 registered volunteers who have contributed over 1,000,000 volunteer hours of service to thousands of nonprofits in the Los Angeles community.
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people age 55 and above. Funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service as a part of the larger Senior Corps initiative, RSVP engages older Americans in volunteer opportunities across the country. These volunteers have been an invaluable resource for nationwide response efforts—in everything from hunger prevention to natural disasters. L.A. Works has received a three year renewable grant to develop a strong Los Angeles RSVP program. Building on the foundation of existing programming and relationships L.A. Works has with nonprofits in the community, this program will more than double the volunteer resources L.A. Works provides to the greater Los Angeles region.
RSVP Outreach Coordinator Position Overview: The RSVP Outreach Coordinator will seek out, engage and recruit new volunteer members to help build this special program providing volunteer and social opportunities for active adults age 55+ in Los Angeles County. This position requires a Coordinator who is passionate about mobilizing baby boomers in service and excited to present to and connect with a broad array of communities throughout Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will need to be out-going, tech-savvy, self-motivated, and highly organized. This individual should be knowledgeable on aging issues and opportunities. In collaboration with the Director of RSVP and RSVP team, this position will help increase RSVP membership, and ensure expected outcomes are achieved. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to workplace diversity.
- Recruit individuals age 55+ for RSVP membership;
- Engage and connect RSVP members to ongoing volunteer opportunities;
- Utilize all Corporation for National and Community Service, L.A. Works website, and current and relevant volunteer promotional websites to list volunteer events;
- Utilize social media to promote RSVP program and volunteer opportunities;
- Actively conduct outreach to community organizations, continuing education programs, gyms, clubs, libraries, and centers for older adults;
- Work closely with RSVP team to maximize outreach impact;
- Maintain clear, current and accurate records in database system;
- Develop and deliver dynamic and inspiring outreach presentation materials; and
- Participate in L.A. Works’ large-scale Days of Service and L.A. Works Signature Projects;
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds;
- Access to personal cell phone;
- Support L.A. Works office/programming as needed;
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal car for regular travel throughout Los Angeles County; and
- Some evening and weekend commitments.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience;
- High attention to detail and commitment to high quality, timely work;
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated Mac computer and program skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, salesforce (or equivalent) database management, presentations, mail merge, email, and digital/social media;
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills;
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships;
- Highly organized and self-motivated; and
- Experience with social media promotion preferred.
Reporting: This position reports to the Director of RSVP. This position is a part-time (20 hours/week), hourly paid, flexible position with benefits.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please email a single PDF file that includes a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and relevant skills to HR@laworks.com.